This 1922 map of Alpine shows the principal buildings of the town. The Alpine Lumber Mill is in the upper right. The logging road that accesses Alpine in 2009 comes in from what is the top of this map, splits just above the "log way" and goes to the mill or to the bridge on Carroll Creek. As of September 30, 2009, we have identified the locations of the Mill, the Boarding House, the Liberty Hall (called the "Victory Hall" in the 1918 Thanksgiving Banquet annual report) , the School (2 rooms built at different times), the Depot (actually 2 depots next to each other), the Water Tower, and 4 buildings that may have been houses, and one that may have been the gymnasium, but which does not show on this map. Map courtesy of Skykomish Historical Society.